As you fill out the application, please make sure you read all the instructions carefully. You will not be able to make revisions once the application has been submitted. Submitting incorrect information on your application or failing to include important details can delay your admission decision.
Listed below are the pages that must be filled out with a guardian.
1. Application Certification: An ackwnoledgement that all of the information provided on the application is true and accurate.
2. Income Verification/Certification: Verification that the applicant is low income.
3. Parent/Guardian Contract: An agreement between the applicant’s parent(s)/guardian(s), and USC Upward Bound on the rules and expectations of students enrolled in the program.
4. Photo and Media Release: Permission for USC to use, reproduce, edit, exhibit, project, display, copyright and/or publish their child’s images.
5. Parental Consent: Acknowledgement that USC assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage arising out of, or in part caused by, participation in the Program, either while in transit to or from or at the activity locations including but not limited to claims arising from or related to USC’s negligence.
6. Academic Records Release Statement: Permission for USC to have access to, and make and receive copies of the applicant’s academic records such as report cards, school transcripts, State standardized test scores, disciplinary records, class schedule, and SAT/ACT or GED scores.
▪ I/We understand that these records will be kept in strict confidence and will be used solely to:
In order for a student to be eligible, they must be a US citizen or resident. To verify their status, we ask for a photocopy of their social security card or guardian’s tax return listing the applicant as a qualifying dependent.
In order to verify that the applicant is low income, we ask for a copy of their guardian(s)’s Federal Income Tax Form (1040/1040SR).
If their guardian(s) did NOT file their taxes, they must fill out Q2 on page 4 of the application.
You may download the Upward Bound application here, and complete it digitally, or print it out and and fill it out manually. If you choose to do the latter, please ensure you take a clear picture of every page.